The income tax department have started a new helpline number for the citizens who file income tax using the website. If you have any queries or complaints related to e-filing, you can call on the below mentioned toll free number.
E-Filing is the process of submitting your income tax returns online. These days, most of the people prefer e-filing over the traditional way of submitting docs. This is a mandatory process for all individuals if you are applicable for income tax as per the income tax act. More info can be found on the official income tax website of India.
ITR New E-Filing Helpline Number
- Toll free number – 1800 103 0025
This number is available from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Monday to Saturday).
- Alternate contact number – +91-80-46122000
- Official Income Tax E-Filing Website – http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Income Tax of India Website – http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in
Other General helpline numbers
- General Queries – 1800 180 1961
This number can be used for general queries related to income tax. Please note that the working hours for this call center are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Monday t0 Saturday)
- Refunds, Rectification, Intimation – 1800 103 445
Available between 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Monday t0 Saturday)
- Form 16, Tax Credit, TDS related questions – 1800 103 0344
Call between 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Monday t0 Saturday)
- For TAN and PAN questions – +91-20-27218080 or +91-20-25658300
Call between 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. (All days of the week)
We hope that you find these contact numbers useful. If you still have queries regarding income tax and the process of filing ITR, we recommend that you get in touch with a local tax consultant. You should also verify things on the income tax website for a smooth filing experience.